Thursday, May 13, 2010

I did it!

Well, I finally did it! I took the plunge and became a blogger. Considering that all I usually do on the computer is check my email and facebook, this is a big step for me. I have never done anything like this before, so please bear with me. LOL!
I guess for my first post, I will tell you a little about myself. I grew up in Montana, if you are from Montana, you know that every town there is small, even the "big cities". I lived in the same house from the time I was 6, until the day I moved across the country to be with my husband. I have two sisters, and as much as I hate to admit it, I have always had a complex about being the last daughter to a couple that was giving it one last try for a son. I met my husband when I was 16 years old, just shortly after starting our junior year of high school. We got married when we were 18 years old, so that I could follow him around the world. Literally! We have had our ups and downs, but he is still the love of my life, and one of the very best decisions that I have ever made. We have one child, her name is Lilah, and I swear that sometimes when I look at her my heart breaks. She is so awesome, and I know that every parent feels that way, but Lilah really is. She has Cystic Fibrosis. During my pregnancy with Lilah, my husband and I found out that we are carriers of this incurable disease. Unfortunately for Lilah, we passed it on to her. Sometimes I blame myself, which is funny, because I never blame Sean. I know that it isn't my fault, and that God has a special plan for my precious girl, but I can't help but think that I am at least a little to blame. The last thing that I want to share tonight is my passion for God. I normally proclaim myself a Christian, but I don't always like to use that term because of the bad connotations that come with it. If it wasn't for God's grace, I wouldn't be sitting here writing this right now. He is what has gotten me though to this phase in my life, and to Him I give all of the glory. This is what brings me to my last point, the title for my blog. "When all is said and done..." In writing this blog, I am hoping to document and share my journey in trying to figure out what it really is that matters when all is said and done.

2 comments:

  1. welcome to the world of blogging! I'm glad you decided to take the plunge and start one! looking forward to reading more :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my sweet friend! I can't wait to read more about your life and your sweet family. You have been such an incredible blessing to me, through all of these heartaches. And even though you're a millon miles away, I love you dearly!

    Love always,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete